Starting June 15, we will begin our first phase of reopening to the public. While we look forward to welcoming everyone back to our office, we want to be sure we are doing it in the safest possible way. For the time being, we will be open by appointment only.
At this time, one-to-one tutoring cannot resume within our office space. We encourage tutoring to continue remotely or in public locations while practicing the recommended precautions.
Appointments can be made for the following services:
- To meet with a member of the staff
- To check out/pick up materials from the library
- Student retests
- Staff will reach out to students individually to schedule tests
- Tests will be given in the downstairs classroom
- Computer usage – Tutors or students can reserve a tutoring room to use the computer
- Computers have been equipped with webcams for virtual tutoring sessions
- Students can resume computer-based learning
We’re taking several steps to best serve and protect all of our tutors and students during this time:
- Tutoring rooms have been upgraded to create spaces for virtual learning:
- Webcams were installed
- Headsets with microphones were installed in each of the rooms
- Silicone covers were placed over all of the keyboards to make them easier to sanitize
- Staff will be in the office for appointments during limited hours
- Appointments and room reservations will be made on a staggered schedule to limit the number of people in the office at any given time and to provide staff with adequate time to clean between appointments
- Logs of everyone entering the office will be kept for contact tracing purposes
- Our office door will remain locked at all times – only those who have a scheduled appointment may enter
- Our locks have been changed to ensure that our office is only occupied (and thus properly cleaned) when staff is present
- Measures will be taken to keep the office as clean as possible
- Hydrogen peroxide surface cleaner will be used on all surfaces after appointments end
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are available throughout the office
- Masks, or face coverings, will be required in all open areas of the office
- A UV lightbox will be used to sanitize smaller items such as headsets, markers, pencils, etc.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we move into this first phase of reopening. We welcome your suggestions and feedback.