Tutor Book Group
Literacy Volunteers offers a monthly book group to provide tutors a chance to socialize, make new friends, and of course read great books!
Tutor book group meets on the third Saturday of every month (typically). The time and location may vary. To join the group, email Heather.
Upcoming Meetings & Books:
- October: A Long Way Home by Saroo Brierley | Sunday, October 29 - Join us for a field trip to a local vineyard & winery! Contact Heather for more information.
- January: The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
- February: In the Country We Love: My Family Divided by Diane Guerrero
- March: Free Read!
- April: The Door by Magda Szabó
- May: My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- June: I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb
- July: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- August: No meeting
- September: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- January: Quartet in Autumn by Barbara Pym
- February: My Year Inside Radical Islam by Daveed Gartenstein-Ross
- March: The Plot Against America by Philip Roth
- April: H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald
- May: Euphoria by Lily King
- June: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- July: Free Read!
- August: Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- September: On My Own by Diane Rehm
- October: The Known World by Edward P. Jones
- November: Light Years by James Salter
- December: Leaving Before the Rains Come by Alexandra Fuller
- January: Two Lives by William Trevor
- February: Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- March: Sister Golden Hair by Darcey Steinke
- April: Ways of Going Home by Alejandro Zambra
- May: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- June: Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
- July: Free read!
- August: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- September: Dear Life by Alice Munro
- October: The Republic of Imagination by Aznar Afisi
- November: Our Man in Charleston by Christopher Dickey
- December: Free Read
- January: The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
- February: The Beet Queen by Louise Erdich
- March: The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
- April: Pearl of China by Anchee Min
- May: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- June: The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato
- July: The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht
- August: The Storyteller’s Daughter by Saira Shah
- September: Burger’s Daughter by Nadine Gordimer
- October: The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- November: Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner